Welcome to Healthscope Functional Pathology
Healthscope Functional Pathology, formerly known as ARL Functional Pathology, provides specialised laboratory testing services to Functional Medicine practitioners and their patients. Our goal is to assist practitioners and patients to achieve and maintain optimal health.
Welcome to our website which contains instructions and further information for Functional Medicine practitioners and patients. Click on the menu above to view our range of tests, how to order and other relevant information.
For all functional results, kit orders, payment and general customer service please call 1300 55 44 80
Please note: Patients can only order tests once they have received a signed practitioner request form from their consulting practitioner.
What is Functional Pathology?
- Functional pathology tests are used to investigate functional, biochemical, nutritional, metabolic and hormonal status
- The results provide essential information to assist the practitioner in the diagnosis, treatment and management of patients seeking a holistic approach to health
- The tests are designed so patients can collect specimens in the privacy of their own homes
- Functional Pathology testing provides a tool for early intervention, management and monitoring of ongoing treatment efficacy
Why Choose Healthscope Functional Pathology?
- Healthscope Functional Pathology tests are performed within our comprehensive core laboratory by a team of highly qualified scientists and technicians
- Healthscope Functional Pathology is the market leader in Functional Pathology testing. Formerly known as ARL Functional Pathology, we have been supporting the practice of Functional Medicine since 1974
- Our tests are designed so that wherever possible, patients can collect specimens in the privacy of their own homes
- For tests that require a blood specimen, Healthscope Functional Pathology patients have the convenience of blood collection at their nearest Healthscope Pathology collection centre at no additional charge
Superior Technical Support
- Our expert team of dedicated Technical Advisors is available full time to assist practitioners in the selection of tests and interpretation of results to ensure their maximum clinical value
- Our Practitioner Education Programme includes a series of conferences, seminars, workshops and individual and group training.
- These annual events provide invaluable opportunities for Functional Medicine practitioners to ensure they remain current with clinical and scientific developments in the field of Functional Medicine
- Practitioner Manual and Mini Manual 2010, eNews (link), The Path, DVDs, Condition Chart, Clinic materials & website
- We support key Functional Medicine industry bodies which assists our member associations to continue their support, representation, education and training for Functional Medicine practitioners
When to Use Healthscope Functional Pathology?
- To determine the baseline status of your patients prior to treatment, as part of a holistic approach
- To eliminate guesswork
- To meet patient expectations for quality scientific testing and to encourage patient responsibility for their own health
- To monitor patient progress and treatment efficacy
- Specialised laboratory testing for the patient presenting with chronic unresolved symptoms and/or conditions
- When trying to establish the cause of disease or imbalances